Schedule a massage!

Friday, August 3, 2012

a challenge! and I am ready!

Hello!  Today, August 3, 2012, I am coming back to the blog.  I've been meaning to get back to it, I certainly have plenty of ideas and topics to write about.  And now a challenge has recently been issued, so I am taking it.

The challenge is 31 in 31, to write a blog post every day for 31 days.  I certainly can do that right? about the subject I love? massage, the body, movement...  I do want to thank Kelli Wise who I only know of through facebook and mutual friends, and Allissa Haines, and Eric Brown for the spreading the word about the challenge because I have been planning to do this for quite some time and a challenge is just what I needed to get going.   So, count me in!

Enough about my blogging challenge though.  Now something for you. another challenge!  I've been thinking a great deal lately about massage and how it impacts a person's life, especially when they make a regular appointment, every week, every 2 weeks or every month.  These people have made a commitment.  Not just to the schedule, but to their bodies, their selves, their well-being.  They are committed to caring for themselves, recognizing the importance of doing something just for them. Now I challenge all of you to make some commitment to doing something for you.  It could be 10 minutes of meditation every day.  It could be a walk every day or going to the gym, doing yoga once a week.  When you do this though, don't think of it as a chore or routine, "I have to do this everyday" but embrace it as the thing you do to recognize you are important.  Find the thing that works for you.  Commit to it and share it here!

I will be getting on the mat on the floor every day for a couple of stretches and some time to pay attention to my body.  What are you going to do?  Or, if you already do something regularly, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment