Schedule a massage!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What I like about this blogging challenge

I'm learning how "not to be perfect."  That sounds funny because I am not perfect.  I know I'm not perfect. I actually feel like I am artwork in progress : )   However, learning not to be perfect means writing without the judgemental voices in my head keeping me from saying what I want. It means not taking 3 hours to write one post. It means actually hitting the "publish" button once it's good enough.  I'm not there yet, but it's getting easier - it's a continual process.

I think I'm living more in my life.  Every thing I do from the mundane, feeding the cats, or taking out the trash, I'm actually there, thinking, looking, being aware and making connections.  As I ponder - what next? as I question; do I write this blog or go to the beach with the kids on one of their last days of summer vacation? as I go through my day, I am, in my head 'blogging' I'm observing and making connections to what I might say next.

As I go through this process, thinking - it clarifies what I know, it makes clear what I don't know and what I want still to learn.  My brain is busy and not just with my own personal drama and I love that!

Here I go, hitting publish! written in less than an hour! previewed and edited only once. now that's a first for me.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Getting this challenge blog out every day is really turning out to be a journey. My brain is in new loops too and that's a good thing. My idea of writing perfection is changing too, and by reading the others I'm getting freed to say what I really want. It's amazing - let's keep writing :-)

    ReplyDelete