Schedule a massage!

Friday, August 10, 2012

perfect balance


I'm an introvert.  Time to myself is very important.  I have a very active inner life, ha!   Summer is a challenging time for me because it is wrought with social activity and kids activity and if it doesn't have enough kid activity then my guilt meter rises dangerously.  Don't get me wrong, I do like people.  I am fascinated by people.  I like to socialize, visit with friends and do fun outside family activity, it's just that I struggle daily to make the balance of getting my time with all the other things I need to do around the house, for my work, for my kids and family.  If it were up to me entirely and I didn't feel responsible for an active family experience, I would  have a little cabin all to myself and spend hours and hours sitting reflecting, reading and writing and drinking tea.  (I did this once, spent 3 months in a tiny apartment with my 2 cats, a rocking chair, pen and notebook, tea and my books.)

Most days I manage to get an hour or 2 of time alone.  I wake earlier than anyone else.  Sit with my computer (blogging has been good!) and my coffee. I charge up my batteries to better greet the day and all the shifting demands that confront me throughout.  I sift through that inner active life in my brain to try and determine what is best for the day, to get the balance of needs both mundane and joyful.

Being a massage therapist fits my personality.  When I give a massage I am in that inner space.  It's different, obviously, I am not alone, but it's similar in that I tap in to that inner peace and have only one thing to do, connect with the client and focus on what their body needs, through my hands.  It is the perfect balance for me, of inner reflecting, connecting, dancing movement...




post 5 in 8 days (I started Aug 3rd) I have some catching up to do to get in 31 in 31!


No comments:

Post a Comment